Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Looking forward to Pixar's Brave new world more than restarting the Cars

I like the movie Cars more than the average Pixar fan. I won't go into a full review, because that's for sometime down the road (pun intended), but the movie has a lot of heart, and I love the story of the American road mixed in with Lightening McQueen's journey. It's a much better movie than its reputation suggests.

Having said that, I'm only moderately excited about the upcoming sequel. It looks like a lot of fun, and I'm sure there's more heart to it than the previews suggest (that was the case with the first outing, and often is the case with Pixar), but returning to a beloved Pixar universe is never quite as exciting as traveling to an all-new, all-different Pixar universe.

So while it's a lot farther off, I'm excited to see glimpses of the Scottish fantasy Brave showing up here and there. We get the teaser trailer on Friday, but here's the first poster now (click to enlarge):


Gorgeous. I'm going to be mighty impatient for this one. After two Pixar sequels in a row, I'm especially hungry for an all-new, all different world filled with the light of Luxo Jr.

1 comment: